Prospective swimmers will need to be evaluated by a Coach to see if they meet the criteria for joining the team. Any youth that has passed the required entrance skills shown below, can request registration papers to join the team. Please make prior arrangements with the Welcome Center at the YMCA or one of our coaches if you wish to do a try out week. Tryouts are done the first week of every month from September to December 31. NO NEW SWIMMERS ARE ADDED TO THE TEAM AFTER JANUARY 1.
New swimmers will be required to provide a copy of one of the following; their birth certificate, passport, or driver’s license to verify age. All swimmers must have a valid membership to the Norfolk YMCA to join the swim team. You can click this link to view the current YMCA Membership information: http://www.norfolkymca.org/memberships/rates/
You can contact the Aquajet Registrar at: email@example.com or call 402-379-0225
Parents should also view the required PowerPoint Presentation. Link is shown below.
2018-19 FALL WINTER PRACTICE SCHEDULE
The Fall Swim Season practice schedule will be published very soon.
2018-19 MEET SCHEDULE
The fall Swim meet schedule will be posted on this website at a later date.
WHAT IS Premium Membership?
• Valid September 2018 through the end of July 2019
• No extra charge for Premium members to swim with the Aquajets during the summer season.
• Premium members must have a valid YMCA membership.
• Fee is $303 for per swimmer (discounts available for additional swimmers in the same family).
• Unlimited participation in meets during the year. Ability to qualify for and participate in Championship level meets.
• Excellenct insurance coverage including accident and liability insurance benefits as current Premium member.
• Opportunity to qualify for recognition programs.
• Opportunity to attend Development Camps.
• Premium members can elect to switch to a Flex membership only at the time they renew their membership.
FOR NEW MEMBERS ONLY
Flex Membership- New for 2018-19
WHAT IS FLEX Membership?
• Valid from September 2018 through the end of July 2019.
• Fee is $249 per swimmer (Discounts available for additional swimmers in the same family).
• Flex members must have a valid YMCA membership.
• Primarily intended for 12 and Under age group and new swimmers. Give young athletes the opportunity to try swimming without a large financial investment to get started.
• Upgradeable to Premium Membership during the year. Swimmer can pay the difference in the membership fees (pay additional $54 to become a Premium member).
• Limited meet attendance. Swimmers may attend only Two (2) sanctioned meets per year (LSC championship level meets are excluded).
• Includes same insurance benefits as Premium member.
• Not available for swimmers 19 years of age and older.
• Not available for Seasonal Memberships (summer swimming). Flex Members can not transition to a Seasonal Membership.
THE MEMBERSHP FEES
2018-19 Premium Membership Fees:
$303.00 for the first swimmer in each family
$278.00 for each additional swimmer in the same family.
$240.00 for Norfolk Senior High School swim team members
ONLY AVAILABLE TO NEW MEMBERS: 2018-19 Flex Membership Fees:
$249.00 for the first swimmer in each family
$224.00 for each additional swimmer in the same family
A seasonal membership is available for swimmers wishing to join the team for the summer only. This membership is valid from April 15 – August 31. Swimmers must have a valid YMCA membership.
2019 Seasonal Membership - $TBA *There is no discount for multiple swimmers in the same family for this membership.
To Register to join the Norfolk Family YMCA Aquajets Swim Team contact: Mary Meuret, Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Swimmers must have passed the required entrance skills assessment in order to join the Aquajet Swim Team.
- Ability to swim two (2) lengths of the pool or 50 yds.
- Kick one length of the pool on their back.
- Submerge underwater comfortably
- Willingness to follow directions
2. All swimmers MUST have a valid YMCA membership to participate on swim team.
3. All swimmers MUST pay the YMCA fees associated with joining the Aquajets. Registration forms and payment options are available for Premium and Flex Memberships to fit your individual needs. Seasonal memberships must be paid in full.
4. All swimmers MUST have a USA card. This applies to Premium, Flex and Seasonal Memberships. This membership fee is included in the club registration fee. All new athlete registrations must be accompanied by a clear photocopy of a government issued document showing proof of age. Acceptable documentation includes: certified birth certificate, driver’s license, or passport. These documents are shredded upon verification of information required for registration.
5. Team suits can be ordered/purchased at the start of the fall/winter season. There is no obligation to purchase a suit. Orders for suits may be taken on the night of fall registration and one order will be placed for all team suits (this is done so that we can receive a discount on the order). If you do order a team suit, it MUST be paid for at the time you order the suit. If you wish to order a team after the fall registration, you can still order a suit on your own. Information will be provided to you by the coordinator of team suits.
6. Your swimmer may want to attend some swim meets during the season and fees are required at some of the swim meets you may attend. You will be billed periodically by the club treasurer for any fees associated with meets that your swimmer has attended. If a swimmer signs up to attend a meet and later is not able to attend for whatever reason, those fees will still be billed to that swimmer’s account. Meet fees are non-refundable because they are paid by the club treasurer well in advance of the actual day the meet is held. All fees associated with any meet are shown in the meet flyer for that particular swim meet. Most of the YMCA Swim League meets do not have fees.