Prospective swimmers will need to be evaluated by a Coach to see if they meet the criteria for joining the team. Any youth that has passed the required entrance skills shown below, can request registration papers to join the team. Please make prior arrangements with the Welcome Center at the YMCA or one of our coaches if you wish to do a try out week. Tryouts are done the first week of every month from September to December 31. No new swimmers are added to the team after January 1.
Registration for all those wishing to join the Aquajet Swim Team will be held at Norfolk High School in the Little Theatre on Monday, September 18, 2017. The meeting will begin at 6:00 p.m. The meeting will begin with a Power Point presentation. You will have the opportunity to ask questions, purchase a team swim suit, order team t-shirts, and team swim caps. If you are unable to be at the meeting, please contact the team Registrar, Mary Meuret, to make other arrangements. New swimmers will be required to provide a copy of one of the following; their birth certificate, passport, or driver’s license to verify age. All swimmers must have a valid membership to the Norfolk YMCA to join the swim team. You can click this link to view the current YMCA Membership information: http://www.norfolkymca.org/memberships/rates/ You can contact the Registrar at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 402-379-0225
Parents should also view the required PowerPoint Presentation. Link is shown below.
Membership info requirements
Fall Swim Season will begin on Tuesday, September 5, 2017.
Summer Swim Season will begin on April 30, 2018, and run through the end of July, 2018.
Annual Membership: Annual Swim Team Memberships are valid from September 2017 through July 2018. There is no extra charge for these swimmers to participate in the Summer 2018 Long Course season. Swimmers must have a valid YMCA membership to be eligible for an annul and/or a seasonal membership.
2017-18 Annual Membership Fees:
$ 296.00 - for the first swimmer in each family
$ 271.00 - for each additional swimmer in the same family.
$ 233.00 - for Norfolk Senior High School swim team members
Seasonal Membership: A seasonal membership is available for swimmers wishing to join the team for the summer only. This membership is valid from April 15 – August 31. Swimmers must have a valid YMCA membership.
2018 Seasonal Membership - $167.00 *There is no discount for multiple swimmers in the same family for this membership.
To Register to join the Norfolk Family YMCA Aquajets Swim Team contact: Mary Meuret, Registrar at email@example.com
1. Swimmers must have passed the required entrance skills assessment.
- Ability to swim two (2) lengths of the pool or 50 yds.
- Kick one length of the pool on their back.
- Submerge underwater comfortably
- Willingness to follow directions
2. All swimmers MUST have a valid YMCA membership to participate on swim team.
3. All swimmers MUST pay the YMCA fees associated with joining the Aquajets. Registration forms and payment options are available for Annual Memberships to fit your individual needs. Seasonal memberships must be paid in full.
4. All swimmers MUST have a USA card. This applies to Annual and Seasonal Memberships. This membership fee is included in the club registration fee. All new athlete registrations must be accompanied by a clear photocopy of a government issued document showing proof of age. Acceptable documentation includes: certified birth certificate, driver’s license, or passport. These documents are shredded upon verification of information required for registration.
5. Team suits can be ordered/purchased at the start of the fall/winter season. There is no obligation to purchase a suit. Orders for suits will be taken on the night of fall registration and one order will be placed for all team suits (this is done so that we can receive a discount on the order). If you do order a team suit, it MUST be paid for at the time you order the suit. If you wish to order a team after the fall registration, you can still order a suit on your own. Information will be provided to you by the coordinator of team suits.
6. Your swimmers will be attending meets and there are fees associated with the events a swimmer participates in at all meets. You will be billed periodically by the club treasurer for any fees associated with meets that your swimmer may attend. If a swimmer signs up to attend a meet and later is not able to attend for whatever reason, those fees will still be billed to that swimmer’s account. Meet fees are non-refundable because they are paid by the club treasurer well in advance of the meets.