Interested new swimmers may attend one week of practice as a “try-out” week. Swimmers will be evaluated by a Coach to see if they meet the criteria for joining the team. Any youth that has passed the required entrance skills shown below, can request registration papers to join the team. Please make prior arrangements with the Welcome Center at the YMCA or one of our coaches if you wish to do a try out week. Tryouts are done the first week of every month from September to December 31. NO NEW SWIMMERS ARE ADDED TO THE TEAM AFTER JANUARY 1.
Returning swimmers must have all of their 2017-2018 meet fees paid ($0 Account Balance) before they are allowed to register for the new swim year. Contact the club Treasurer at, firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have questions concerning your account.
At the time of registration, first-time swimmers will be required to provide a copy of one of the following; their birth certificate, passport, or driver’s license to verify age. All swimmers must have a valid membership to the Norfolk YMCA to join the swim team. You can click this link to view the current YMCA Membership information: http://www.norfolkymca.org/memberships/rates/
Parents should also view the required PowerPoint Presentation. Link is shown below.
Click here to view PowerPoint: 2018 PowerPoint for Aquajet Parent Meeting
Premium Membership: WHAT IS Premium Membership
This membership is for :
- all returning members
- first time swimmers who want the opportunity to attend unlimited swim meets and unlimited practice
- all Norfolk High School Swim Team members
FLEX MEMBERSHIP: WHAT IS FLEX Membership
This membership is available ONLY to first-time members
THE MEMBERSHP FEES
2018-19 Premium Membership Fees:
$303.00 for the first swimmer in each family
$278.00 for each additional swimmer in the same family.
$240.00 for Norfolk Senior High School swim team members
ONLY AVAILABLE TO FIRST-TIME MEMBERS: 2018-19 Flex Membership Fees:
$249.00 for the first swimmer in each family
$224.00 for each additional swimmer in the same family
Flex Memberships are not available to swimmers who will also be on the Norfolk High School swim team.
A seasonal membership is available for swimmers wishing to join the team for the summer only. This membership is valid from April 15 – August 31. Swimmers must have a valid YMCA membership.
2019 Seasonal Membership - $TBA *There is no discount for multiple swimmers in the same family for this membership.
To Register to join the Norfolk Family YMCA Aquajets Swim Team contact: Mary Meuret, Registrar at email@example.com
1. Swimmers must have passed the required entrance skills assessment in order to join the Aquajet Swim Team.
- Ability to swim two (2) lengths of the pool or 50 yds.
- Kick one length of the pool on their back.
- Submerge underwater comfortably
- Willingness to follow directions
2. All swimmers MUST have a valid YMCA membership to participate on swim team.
3. All swimmers MUST pay the YMCA fees associated with joining the Aquajets. Registration forms and payment options are available for Premium and Flex Memberships to fit your individual needs. Seasonal memberships must be paid in full.
4. All swimmers MUST have a USA card. This applies to Premium, Flex and Seasonal Memberships. This membership fee is included in the club registration fee. All new athlete registrations must be accompanied by a clear photocopy of a government issued document showing proof of age. Acceptable documentation includes: certified birth certificate, driver’s license, or passport. These documents are shredded upon verification of information required for registration.
5. Team suits can be ordered/purchased at the start of the fall/winter season. There is no obligation to purchase a suit. Orders for suits may be taken on the night of fall registration and one order will be placed for all team suits (this is done so that we can receive a discount on the order). If you do order a team suit, it MUST be paid for at the time you order the suit. If you wish to order a team after the fall registration, you can still order a suit on your own. Information will be provided to you by the coordinator of team suits.
6. Your swimmer may want to attend some swim meets during the season and fees are required at some of the swim meets you may attend. You will be billed periodically by the club treasurer for any fees associated with meets that your swimmer has attended. If a swimmer signs up to attend a meet and later is not able to attend for whatever reason, those fees will still be billed to that swimmer’s account. Meet fees are non-refundable because they are paid by the club treasurer well in advance of the actual day the meet is held. All fees associated with any meet are shown in the meet flyer for that particular swim meet. Most of the YMCA Swim League meets do not have fees.