Registering your child to become a member of the Aquajets is a 2-part process. Each swimmer must be registered with the Aquajets (Active Swim Manager registration program) and with USA Swimming. Both registrations must be completed after your child has done their evaluation and trial period with the Aquajets and they have been given the approval by an Aquajet coach.
If you are registering multiple children in either the Premium or Norfolk High School Swim Team memberships, you are eligible to receive a $25 discount for each additional child that you register. You must contact Kent via email/text (firstname.lastname@example.org/402-316-9760) to receive a “Coupon Code” prior to registering in order to receive the discount. Please indicate how many total swimmers you plan to register.
Please follow the directions below to complete the registration of your swimmer.
Step 1: Registration with the Aquajets-Active Registration
1. Enter an email and fill out swimmer information
2. Select the appropriate membership and select the payment option Premium - Membership from Sept 2023 thru Aug 2024 (should register between Sept 2023 and Jan 2024) Norfolk High School Swim Team Member - Membership from Sept 2023 thru Aug 2024 (should only register between Sept 2023 and Nov 2023) Flex Membership - Membership from Sept. 2023 thru Nov. 2023 (should register in Sept or Oct. 2023) Summer - Membership from May 2024 thru Aug 2024 (should register between April 2024 and June 2024)
**payment plans are available for Premium and Norfolk High School Swim Team memberships only. Flex and Summer memberships must select “Pay in Full”
3. On page 3 of the registration, fill out all required information. - Waivers and Agreements: We strongly recommend as a parent that you read these over. Each must be checked in order to proceed. A copy of each of the Waivers and Agreements can be found under the Team Policies dropdown box of this website.
4. On page 4 (CHECKOUT) - This is where you will see your total owed for the Aquajet registration - You may complete additional swimmers’ registrations by clicking on the tab - If you are registering multiple children into either the Premium or Norfolk HS ST memberships, this is where you will enter the coupon code from Kent to receive your discount. This MUST be done prior to submitting your registration. - The payment form that you enter here will be kept within the Active Swim Manager program and will be used for additional fees (swim meet entry fees) that each swimmer accrues during the season (if any). This can be changed by the parent at a later date is needed. ** For new Aquajet swimmer registrations, the parent will be able to finish their login- credentials on this page. This login will be used for future registrations
2023-24 Aquajet membership rates: – Premium: $264 – Norfolk High School Swim Team: $187 - Flex: $88 - Summer: $165
Step 2 – Registration with USA Swimming
2023-24 USA Swimming membership rates: – Premium: $80 - Flex: $37 - Seasonal: $40 – Outreach: $5 (This is for qualified families for a reduced Premium membership to USA Swimming. Documentation must be provided of hardship: Can include WIC, Medicaid, free or reduced lunch program) Please contact Kent Olberding for more information regarding this.
REGISTRATION LINK: USA Swimming registration link (specific to 2023-24 Norfolk YMCA Aquajets)
1. Parents with returning Aquajet swimmers who need to register a new Aquajet swimmer will enter their prior login credentials to proceed to the “ADD A NEW MEMBER” tab and follow instructions (Step 2).
Parents of new Aquajet swimmers, parents will “CREATE LOGIN” and set up an account for the parent
- click LOGIN
- CREATE A LOGIN
- verify login with email verfication code
- fill out parent info
- agree to terms and waivers
- At this point the PARENT has an account set up. It is best to NOW LOG OUT of the parent account.
- CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW TO REGISTER YOUR CHILD
- REGISTER YOUR NEW AQUAJET SWIMMER LINK
- Parent should sign back in.
- You will now be on a page that shows: USA SWIMMING ONLINE MEMBER REGISTRATION
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on “REGISTER NEW MEMBER” LSC: Midwestern Swimming (MW) Club: Norfolk YMCA Aquajet Swim Team (NYA)
2. ”WHO IS THE MEMBERSHIP FOR?” – - ”Someone other than the logged in User” * New Aquajets who have never been a member of USA Swimming will select NEW MEMBER and will proceed with entering swimmer information
3. In the “MEMBERSHIP” page, select the following memberships – Swimmers in the Premium and Norfolk HS ST memberships will select “PREMIUM” – Swimmers in the Flex membership will select “FLEX” – Swimmers swimming in the Summer only will select “SEASON 1 ATHLETE”
4. Proceed thru the pages entering required information.
5. On the MEMBER SUMMARY page, if you have multiple swimmers to register, you will find a button on the bottom to REGISTER ADDITIONAL SWIMMERS.
6. Checkout and complete USA Swimming registration by paying the fee
7. All new Aquajets will need to text, email, or send a copy of their swimmer’s birth certificate or passport to Kent Olberding as soon as the registration is complete. The birth certificate/passport is required by USA Swimming. Kent will upload the copy to your child’s account as soon as they are registered.
This will complete your child’s registration with the Aquajets and USA Swimming.
* A reminder that all swimmers must be a good-standing member of the Norfolk Family YMCA to participate with the Aquajets. This membership is the responsibility of the parents and is purchased separately thru the Norfolk Family YMCA
** All swimmers who swim in the summer months (May-July) with the Aquajets are required to have an Aquaventure pass/membership. This is the responsibility of the parents and can be purchased separately thru the City of Norfolk