Aquajet Board Meeting
Monday, August 16, 2021
Present: Beth Kahny, Gary Hebb, Kent Olberding, Dave Nelson, Nick Cleveland
Absent: Karen Spray
1. Practices for Fall Season will start on Sept 7.
New families/swimmers should reach out to Kent (registrar) to start the process.
Try it out week to take place between Sept 7 and Sept 17
2. USA Swimming has increased its membership fee by $2 per swimmer.
NYA will therefore raise rates by $2 per swimmer.
3. Approved additional bylaw requiring additional screening for new coaches and board members.
4. Approved waivers required at registration
5. Approved club photography policy
6. Reviewed updates to NYA Website
7. Safe Sport
Kent has done a lot of work to move the club toward being Safe Sport certified with USA Swimming.
Education Courses – approved requirement of swimmers 13 to and up to complete Safe Sport online course.
- approved requirement parent / guardian in each house to complete Safe Sport online course.
8. Reviewed Ad Campaign Status and Results
9. Team Suits – Nick Cleveland to look at options with Elsmore and Swim Outlet
10. Registration will be done online again this year. Discussed in person meeting/orientation for new swimmers.
11. IntraSquad Meet will looked at for Friday, December 10th.
12. Reviewed meet flyers and information for October and November Home Meets.
Nick and Karen have credentials expiring before the meet dates.
Need to send information and fees of the Midwestern Swimming office soon.
Karen will be filling in as Meet Director for the Jenna K meet.
13. Financials will be reviewed at a later time.